Several danes were awarded by the British and American governments after the liberation for their help to the 3 airmen (Fry, Bartter and Howell) who evaded to Sweden:
- Einar Arboe Rasmussen, Roskilde (award grade 5)
- Vilhelm Krügermeier, Marup (award grade 5)
- Svend Ove Frederiksen, Marup (award grade 5)
- Bent Olsen, Tølløse (award grade 6)
- F.C.R. Scheel, Kirke Saaby (award grade 5)
- Mogens Scheel, Roskilde (award grade 5)
The Jensen family (*) helped agent Flemming B. Muus just after the emergency landing with Halifax BB378.
- Niels Vilhelm Jensen, Vandløse near St. Merløse (award grade 5)*
- Karen Jensen,Vandløse near St. Merløse (award grade 5)*
- Frederik Jensen, Vandløse near St. Merløse (award grade 5)*
It was the danish illegal transport organisation “Dansk-Svensk Flygningetjeneste” that sailed the 3 evaders Bartter, Fry and Howell to Malmö in Sweden.
The organisation managed to transport about 2.000 jews, resistance workers and refugees to Sweden from October 1943 to 1945.
Bartter, Fry and Atkins visited Denmark several times after 1945 where the visited Bonderup and their danish helpers.